Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day One of sharing my Adventure!




So today is day one of me sharing my thoughts and ideas about the future, about my plans. I'm 26, I have lived in upstate NY for about 10 years now. It is beautiful, New York is definitely special. I have a home with my adorably amazing husband (don't hate me already for being cheese...I will try my best not to be) and my dog Riley...he is crazy. We have a nice home, good jobs, great friends, great family, and generally a great life...however it is time for an adventure! See we are at the point where every time I'm on the phone with someone and I say "I have something great to tell you"...they say..."YOUR HAVING A BABY!!!". No. Actually we are selling the house, moving to Florida, buying a boat, fixing it up, and sailing away.

It is going to be the story of our lives...the journey to success or failure will be amazing either way. Why Florida? We are ready for warmer weather, beautiful beach, and to spend some time with our already uprooted NY cousins! On a more practical note living closer to the shore makes it a lot easier to sail and shop around for boats, plus we will have more sunny days out of the year to work on our "fixer upper" of a boat.

Bill (my husband) and I come from homes of entrepreneurs. Luck for us after all of our crazy ideas we both continue to come back to the same dream...live on a boat, work for ourselves, and minimize our eco-footprint :)

Ok and I might feel the need to stick it to the man and make a statement about how certain things in this world simply need to change. It is going to be amazing and I'm gonna wear a smile a lot more often, laugh harder, and not take things so seriously...I only have one shot at this life...I'm gonna go my own way...my story begins...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trish. I'm so proud of you and what you and Bill are doing. Most people only dream of it. What an awesome adventure you two (and Riley) are going to have. You once told me that your life is your career and that is the best concept about living your life to the fullest that I had ever heard. You are an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for your tips on helping to clean up the enviroment and minimzing waste in our daily lives. Please keep blogging... The world needs more people like you!! Your grandparents and also Bill's grandparents are smiling down on you and blessing you both for the awesome people that you are!! Rock On!!

    ReplyDelete