Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good Bye Couch, Hello Future

So this weekend was productive! We put my favorite couch to the curb in order to paint our front porch. I have had the couch since high school and it traveled with me through the years, but it is mustard yellow crushed velvet so it is obviously from the 70's and I feel 30 years is a long lifetime for a couch. It is missing a leg and really I don't know who else would love it other than me. It was crazy comfy and I had many enjoyable naps in the sun on it, but it is time to go. I'm not gonna lie; I did keep the cushions in hopes that I could find a use for them. Today we painted all the radiators in the house, the banister, and Bill made a radiator cover for one of the radiators that is even to ugly for paint to save it. The cushions served a purpose today; I sat on one while drinking some celebratory beer on our front porch! Hard work deserves cold beer, oh how I greatly enjoyed Blue Moon, Pandora, the sunset and the company of Bill and Riley! Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment