Monday, March 15, 2010

Updates




Worms- doing great!
I recently started to harvest the nutrient soil they are producing. You simply move the soil and the worms to one side of the bin, and start to put the bedding (newspaper) and new fresh food on the other side of the bin. The worms will make their way over to the fresher food over a period of about a month and then I will be able to take the soil they produced and put it in my flower pots!

I don't like to let my exterior plants die off in the winter so my house is full of them and they could all use some healthy soil. I jumped the gun a little and sifted out about two cups of soil.

When researching composting I had learned that the worms lay eggs and they look like little yellow seeds, and guess what MY WORMS HAD BABIES!!! I carefully sorted throw my two cups of soil looking for the eggs as I did not want to harm any of them. Check out how small they are; it is the little yellow blob in the center of the spoon.

4 Hours of TV/Week- well it didn't go so well at first, b/c when I would feel bored and couldn't think of other things to do I would give up and click into TV land. However in the last week I don't think we even maxed out our 4 hours. What I had to realize was that I wasn't bored and it wasn't that there was nothing to do. I was simply so use to zoning out and forgetting all the other things I wanted to do. Now we spend our time reading more, cooking, going to the library, blogging, listening to music, eating dinner at the dining room table again! We have been going for more walks and spending more time working on our house as we prepare to sell it. Good bye TV, hello Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment