Thursday, March 11, 2010

Purging

They crushed my couch, but I looked away. We are emotionally attached to so many objects, but why? I have been following other blogs about donating, recycling, and selling items, and what I have learned is it takes time to emotionally remove items from your life.

In the past I never could have thrown out pictures, but how many candid photos do you need? I have discovered that if I sort through some photos, make a pile of keeps and check back in a week or two I can eliminate a few more. I am now done eliminating. I have narrowed my photos down to three thin albums (not including my wedding photos, which have there own album). I think that three albums for 26 years of life is pretty good!

I saved photos from all stages of life, all different experiences, and ones that triggered strong meaningful memories and emotions. Quality vs. Quantity...now I have an outstanding collection of moments in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment